Michael Farrell has published several books of poetry as well as chapbooks. Cocky's Joy, shortlisted for the Prime Minister's Award for Poetry in 2016, is his first book available on iTunes. He co-edited an anthology of Australian gay and lesbian poets, Out of the Box, with Jill Jones (Puncher & Wattmann 2009). His scholarly book, Writing Australian Unsettlement: Modes of Poetic Invention 1796-1945 (Palgrave Macmillan), theorises a new approach to the history of colonial poetics. He wrote the lyrics for the Dick Diver song 'Waste the Alphabet', and edits the small poetry magazine 'Flash Cove' (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Michael Farrell - Ode, Ode
- Michael Farrell - 'ode ode' & 'vague brain surgeon'
- Michael Farrell reads 'Gladys's Party'
- Michael Farrell reads 'The Ballad of Bubble and Squeak' a poem commissioned by The Red Room Company for The Disappearing in 2012.
- Michael Farrell reads 'Gladys's Party' a poem commissioned by The Red Room Company for The Disappearing in 2012. Performance at The Disappearing Minislec (part lecture, part performance) Melb. 2013.