Distant Voices Poetry Competition
The Red Room Company relies on the generous support of individuals, corporations, government funding bodies and philanthropic foundations.
Visit our online store to purchase publications and materials from this project. The Red Room Company is a not-for-profit organisation. All funds raised support the ongoing work of The Red Room Company.
Queensland Poetry Festival
In collaboration with Queensland Poetry Festival (QPF) 2017, Brisbane City Council, and Gilimbaa, Red Room Poetry are running a poetry competition with the festival theme DISTANT VOICES.
The winning poet will receive $300 as a Red Room Poetry Commision to be published on our website as well as getting projected on the William Jolly Bridge!
1. The poem must respond to and include the words 'DISTANT VOICES' within the character limit.
2. Poems must not exceed 140 characters in length.
3. All entries must be received by 5:00PM Friday 7 July 2017.
4. Poems must be previously unpublished and not submitted for other competitions.
5. Poems may be reshaped as part of the design process and projection constraints.
6. Multiple entries not permitted. Entrants may not send more than 2 poems
7. Poems must be original works written by an individual author and not infringe on anyone's copyright.
8. Copyright in all poem(s) remains with the poet.
All entries must be emailed as a Word Doc attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line DISTANT VOICES - POETRY BRIDGE COMPETITION.
Judges: Annie Te Whiu (QPF Co-Director), Tamryn Bennett (Red Room Poetry Director) , and Katherine Ogg (Gilimbaa Designer/Project Manager)
The winning poet will be contacted late-July.