The Red Room Company’s vision is to make poetry a meaningful part of everyday life. Through imaginative projects and learning programs in schools and Correctional Centres we aspire to make poetry accessible to all, especially those who face the greatest barriers to creative opportunities.
Support our Public Fund
Donations of $2 or more to The Red Room Company in Australia are tax deductible for Australian tax-payers.
Your donation makes a difference
Donations to The Red Room Company support projects like Unlocked (in correctional centres) and Poetry Education which help empower inmates and students through poetry to improved literacy, communication and self-expression.
- $150 helps to commission an emerging poet to create a new work
- $1,000 gives a full-day workshop and learning resources to an urban school in need
- $3,550 gives a one-week writing program to a disadvantaged urban school
- $5,500 contributes to a one-week writing program for a regional school in need
- $10,000 contributes to a creative literacy program in a correctional centre
To send a cheque or direct deposit to our public fund, or for further information about giving to The Red Room Company please contact our External Relations Manager, Sally Marwood on 02 9319 5090 or email@example.com.
The Red Room Company is always excited to welcome aboard new volunteers interested in forging a career within the Australian literary and arts industry. The nature of volunteer work within The Red Room Company could include working in an administrative or organisational capacity, or working on a specific project with a coordinator. It all depends on your interests, passions and skills.
To apply for about a volunteer or intern position, please click here and send your completed form to our Executive Director, Dr Tamryn Bennett, firstname.lastname@example.org, along with a current CV.