Liverpool Girls' High School, NSW
The Disappearing, 2012
All student poems
- Casey - Untitled - Black Out Poem
- Collaboration - Group Poem 1
- Collaboration - Group Poem 5
- Collaboration - Group Poem 3
- Collaboration - Group Poem 2
- Collaboration - Group Poem 4
- Eteluina - Black Out Poem
- Eteluina - Untitled -Black Out Poem
- Group Poem - Take a good look...
- Hayaat - Untitled -Black Out Poem
- Unknown - Untitled -Black Out Poem
- Unknown - Untitled - Black Out Poem
- Vyllia - Untitled -Black Out Poem
- Vyllia - Untitled - Black Out Poem
Liverpool Girls' High School is a vibrant, multicultural girls' high school located in the south-western suburbs of Sydney. The school community is committed to working together and achieving excellence through high standards.
Acclaimed Sydney poets Fiona Wright and Tim Sinclair took The Red Room Company's creative educational poetry program to the students of Liverpool Girls High School. Students heard Fiona and Tim read the poems composed especially for the school, and wrote their own poems to be published on The Red Room Company's new app, The Disappearing.
Tim Sinclair is a poet and novelist. His books include Nine Hours North (a coming-of-age novel set in Japan), and Re:reading the dictionary (poetry for word nerds). His latest verse novel, Run (a 2014 CBCA Notable Book) is a YA parkour thriller set in Sydney, and uses elements of concrete poetry to capture the speed and energy of the discipline. He is currently working on a young adult post-apocalyptic trilogy. Deeply influenced by place, Tim draws on his history of living and working in different parts of the world (Malaysia, Scotland, Japan, USA, Australia) to explore the tension between the lived experience of the universal and the particular.