Fellowship Terms and Conditions
You must be a former Red Room Poetry commissioned poet to apply for the Red Room Poetry Fellowship.
Terms and Conditions
- Applications are open exclusively to poets previously commissioned by Red Room Poetry and poets whose work was published in our 2020 publications, In Your Hands anthology and the Writing Water chapbook. Poets must show the project(s) and/or poem(s) for which they were commissioned.
- Entries must address entire criteria in cover letter.
- Multiple entries are not permitted.
- Poems submitted must be original works written by an individual author.
- Poems submitted must not infringe upon anyone’s copyright.
- Poems that are deemed to be works of plagiarism will be disqualified.
- Applications previously entered in past Red Room Poetry Fellowships may not be re-entered.
- Visual poems must be accompanied by a 300-word exegesis.
- Entries open 9.00am 1 December 2020 (AEST)
- The closing date for entries is 5.00pm 21 February 2021 (AEST)
- Shortlisted poets may be required to take part in events and media activities.
- Feedback for unsuccessful entries will not be provided.
- Copyright of all poem(s) remains with the poet.
How to apply
Please complete the online application form below and attach your:
- three recent poems
- high-res headshot
- cover letter (1000 words max) addressing the following criteria.
- Show potential for this grant to benefit your creative development and advance a previous poetic project or consequent work
- Provide a proposal detailing how your commissioned works will respond to a Red Room project (include project feasibility within the timeframe and budget)
- Availability to attend a two-week residency at Bundanon Trust (Monday 12 July – Monday 25 July 2021)
- Willingness and experience to deliver 3 poetic workshops
- Preparedness to record, publish and speak publicly about your poetry and creative process
Files to attach
Please name files accordingly:
- SURNAME_SUPP (for any additional/supplementary documents)
Maximum file size limit is 5MB.
Ready to get started? Complete the online application form.