David Stavanger is a poet, performer, cultural producer and lapsed psychologist. In 2013 he won the Arts Queensland Thomas Shapcott Poetry Prize, resulting in the release of The Special (UQP), his first full-length collection of poetry which was awarded the 2015 Wesley Michel Wright Poetry Prize. His prose-poem ‘The Electric Journal’ was a 2016 Newcastle Poetry Prize finalist and forms the spine of his next Australia Council funded collection CASE NOTES. David was Co-Director of the Queensland Poetry Festival (2015-17) and is the Co-Editor of Verity La’s SLOT MACHINE, Australian Poetry Journal 8.2 SPOKEN, and the forthcoming SOLID AIR: Collected Australian & New Zealand Spoken Word (UQP, 2019.) He is also sometimes known as Green Room-nominated spoken weird artist Ghostboy. These days he lives between the stage and the page.
- Eau & gaz à tous les étages (Water & Gas on All Floors)
- “Dada: 1916-1923," Sidney Janis Gallery, New York, April 15 to May 9, 1953
- Duchamp Descending a Staircase (1946, Our Lady of Desire) George Karger
- Marcel Duchamp with "Sixteen Miles of String" Installation (1942, Rose Sélavy)
- Duchamp with Shaving Lather for "Monte Carlo Bond" – Man Ray (1924, Rrose Sélavy)
- Farewell to Florine (Adieu à Florine)
- Chocolate Grinder (No. 2) (1914, The Large Glass and related objects)
- Bottlerack (1961, Readymades – replica)
- Portrait (Dulcinea) (1911, Cubism)
- The Chess Game (1910, Early Days in Paris)
- 5:03 (All Stops To Dapto)
- Ghost boy
- Old Poet to Young Poet
- David Stavanger 'ghost boy' & '5.03 all stops to Dapto'