Maria Takolander is the author of two full-length collections of poetry: The End of the World (Giramondo 2014), named one of the best books of the year by Australian Book Review and reviewed in the Los Angeles Review of Books; and Ghostly Subjects (Salt 2009), shortlisted for a Queensland Premier’s Prize. Her poems have appeared annually in The Best Australian Poems and/or The Best Australian Poetry since 2005, and are anthologised in Thirty Australian Poets (UQP 2011), the turnrow Anthology of Contemporary Australian Poetry (turnrow 2014), and Contemporary Australian Poetry (Puncher & Wattman 2016). A program about her poetry aired on Radio National in 2015, and she has also performed and discussed her poetry on ABC TV as well as at numerous festivals. In 2017, Maria will be a guest at the international poetry festival in Medellín, Colombia. Maria is also a prize-winning fiction writer, and the author of The Double (and Other Stories) (Text 2013). She is currently working on a novel for Text, as well as being an Associate Professor at Deakin University in Geelong, Victoria.
- Guilfoyle's Volcano
- The bean seller's tale
- Ceiba insignis (White Silk Floss Tree)
- Cereus peruvianus (Peruvian Apple or Apple Cactus)
- Echinocactus grusonii (Golden Barrel Cactus)
- Cleistocactus winteri (Golden Rat Tail)
- Euphorbia caput-medusae (Medusa’s Head)
- Echinopsis spachiana (Torch Cactus)
- Agave franzosini (Grey Ghost)
- Agave victoriae (Royal Agave)
- Maria Takolander reads 'Echinocactus grusonii (Golden Barrel Cactus)'
- Maria Takolander reads 'Cleistocactus winteri (Golden Rat Tail)'
- Maria Takolander reads 'Agave franzosini (Grey Ghost)'
- Maria Takolander reads 'Guilfoyle's Volcano'
- Maria Takolander reads 'Euphorbia caput-medusae (Medusa's Head)'
- Maria Takolander reads 'Cereus peruvianus (Peruvian Apple or Apple Cactus)'
- Maria Takolander reads 'Agave victoriae (Royal Agave)'
- Maria Takolander reads 'Echinopsis spachiana (Torch Cactus)'
- Maria Takolander reads 'Ceiba insignis (White Silk Floss Tree)'