Zohab Zee Khan
Zohab Khan is an educator, poet and multidisciplinary artist. Since 2006, Zohab has been building a formidable career in spoken word poetry, culminating in taking out the title of the Australian Poetry Slam Champion in 2014. As a motivational speaker, didgeridoo player, and hip-hop artist Zohab has performed in venues and festivals across the world.
Zohab has performed and conducted poetry workshops in over 20 countries across the world and is the co-founder of The Pakistan Poetry Slam. His first collection of poetry “I Write” reached best seller status within 5 months of it's launch. Zohab’s poetry has been translated in four languages. He has made notable appearances at the Sydney, Auckland (New Zealand), Byron Bay, Bellingen, Ubud (Indonesia), Bookworm Literary (China), Sunshine Coast, Darwin, Hong Kong, Karachi, and National Young Writers Festivals. As well as performing at various music festivals including the world renowned Glastonbury Festival in 2016.
As an educator, Zohab’s poetry and self development workshops are in high demand and he has conducted over a thousand workshops in institutions worldwide. His workshops aim to inspire change and confidence in young people through spoken word poetry and brain hacks. With the incorporation of self- development techniques, spoken-word poetry becomes not just a platform for selfexpression but also one to inspire change and increase productivity.
As a 4th generation Australian of Pakistani heritage and having been raised in rural NSW, Zohab has channelled his distinct life experiences into stories with the intent to educate. Zohab seamlessly integrates Urdu and Punjabi into his work as he confronts a range of issues from racism to inequality and socio-economic disparities. Zohab’s high energy and powerful words have left countless inspired.
- Alexandria Park Community School with Biennale of Sydney
- Bundanon Trust 2015
- Dapto High School, 2014
- Elizabeth Macarthur High School, 2015
- Fusion Festival 2017 Workshops
- Geek After Dark Event
- Green Square School
- Illawarra Sports High School, Toilet Doors Poetry 2014
- Marrickville High School, 2015
- Moss Vale High School, NSW (2015)
- Oxley College New South Wales
- Shepherds Park Education and Training Unit, 2018
- Sydney Distance Education High School 2015
- The Disappearing Poetry Writing Workshop
- The Poet Exchange - Sharing Language, Culture & Rhyme
- The Scots College
- Xavier High School
- Zohab Khan & Tamryn Bennett on ABC Illawarra
- Interview: Zohab Zee Khan on "The Border"