Distant Voices Poetry Competition
Queensland Poetry Festival
In collaboration with Queensland Poetry Festival (QPF) 2017, Brisbane City Council, and Gilimbaa, Red Room Poetry is running a poetry competition with the festival theme DISTANT VOICES.
CONGRATULATIONS TO KELLY WATSON (NSW) WINNER OF THE DISTANT VOICES BRIDGE COMPETITION
After reading over a huge amount of fantastic and diverse entries, the judges have selected this poem by Kelly Watson (NSW) as the winner. The poem will be projected onto the William Jolly Bridge based on a Gilimbaa design from Aug 21-25, as well as Kelly being published on the Red Room Poetry website and receiving $300.
across the span of hands
my palms press into yours
love leaps like a tattoo
inked on my fingers
Read more »
The winning poet will receive $300 as a Red Room Poetry Commission with publication on our website and projection of their poem on the William Jolly Bridge!
1. The poem must respond to and include the words 'DISTANT VOICES' within the character limit.
2. Poems must not exceed 140 characters in length.
3. All entries must be received by 5:00PM Friday 7 July 2017.
4. Poems must be previously unpublished and not submitted for other competitions.
5. Poems may be reshaped as part of the design process and projection constraints.
6. Multiple entries not permitted. Entrants may not send more than 2 poems
7. Poems must be original works written by an individual author and not infringe on anyone's copyright.
8. Copyright in all poem(s) remains with the poet.
All entries must be emailed as a Word Doc attachment to email@example.com with the subject line DISTANT VOICES - POETRY BRIDGE COMPETITION.
Judges: Annie Te Whiu (QPF Co-Director), Tamryn Bennett (Red Room Poetry Director) , and Katherine Ogg (Gilimbaa Designer/Project Manager)
Visit our online store to purchase publications and materials from this project. The Red Room Company is a not-for-profit organisation. All funds raised support the ongoing work of The Red Room Company.