Red Room Poetry Fellowship
my body is crucifix now
and though rigid against the clay
only my handprint remains
Congratulations Candy Royalle, 2018 Red Room Fellow.
For judging notes and Candy's statement, view the full announcement
The Red Room Poetry Fellowship recognises the achievements and artistic goals of contemporary Australian poets. Now in its second year, the Fellowship was established to foster poetic and professional development of an individual within the wider poetic community, encouraging poets to undertake an intensive period of creative development involving a range of commissions, residency, recordings and publication outcomes.
Applications are open only to poets previously commissioned by Red Room Poetry. There is no cost to apply.
The successful Fellow will receive:
- $5000 poetic stipend “no strings”
- $1000 commission to create a suite of poems inspired by an existing Red Room project
- A two-week residency at Bundanon Trust (18 June – 6 July 2018)
- Travel assistance
- Paid professional employment (delivering 3 x poetic workshops)
- Opportunity to present a public address during the year-long Fellowship
- Highly visible publication of commissioned poem(s) on public transport
It is expected that the Fellow will complete all activities within 12 months of announcement of the Fellowship, unless otherwise agreed.
Complete the online application form, attach your CV, three recent poems, high-res headshot and bio and a cover letter (1000 words max) addressing the criteria.
The Fellowship is now closed.
- Applications open – 22nd December 2017
- Applications close – EXTENDED TO 5:00pm 5 March 2018 (AEST)
- Expert Arts Panel and Red Room Poetry Directors review applications
- Winning Fellow announced - 5 April 2018
- 2019 Fellowship applications re-open December 2019
We are pleased to announce the 2018 Red Room Poetry Fellowship selection panel
- Michelle Cahill Editor, Mascara Literary Review
- David Stavanger 2015-17 Co-Director, Queensland Poetry Festival
- Johanna Featherstone Founder & Board Member, Red Room Poetry
- Gabrielle ‘Journey’ Jones Co-founder, Creative Womyn Down Under
Find out more
- +61 2 9319 5090
While this Fellowship is currently only open to previously commissioned Red Room Poets, we're always looking for new voices for upcoming poetic projects. If you're interested in a Red Room Poetry commission, please email contact@redroomcompany with a copy of your CV, a suite of your best poems, as well as the kind of projects in which you are interested.
Visit our online store to purchase publications and materials from this project. The Red Room Company is a not-for-profit organisation. All funds raised support the ongoing work of The Red Room Company.