Red Room Poetry Fellowship
The Red Room Poetry Fellowship recognises the achievements and artistic goals of contemporary Australian poets. Now in its fourth year, the Fellowship, valued at $10,000, was established to foster poetic and professional development of an individual within the wider poetic community, encouraging poets to undertake an intensive period of creative development involving a range of commissions, residency, recordings and publication outcomes.
Apply for the Red Room Poetry Fellowship 2020!
Applications open: Wednesday 11 December 2019
Applications close: 5pm Monday 9 March 2020
The 2020 Fellow will receive
- $5000 poetic stipend “no strings”
- $1000 commission to create a suite of poems inspired by an existing Red Room Poetry project
- A two-week residency at Bundanon Trust (Wednesday 26 August – Wednesday 16 September 2020)
- Travel assistance
- Paid professional employment (delivering three poetic workshops)
- Opportunity to present a public address during the year-long Fellowship
Discover past years
While this Fellowship is currently only open to previously commissioned Red Room Poetry Poets, we're always looking for new voices for upcoming poetic projects. If you're interested in a Red Room Poetry commission, email email@example.com with a copy of your CV, a suite of your best poems, as well as the kind of projects you are interested in.