Red Room Poetry Fellowship
The Red Room Poetry Fellowship recognises the achievements and artistic goals of contemporary Australian poets. Now in its third year, the Fellowship was established to foster poetic and professional development of an individual within the wider poetic community, encouraging poets to undertake an intensive period of creative development involving a range of commissions, residency, recordings and publication outcomes.
The successful Fellow will receive:
- $5000 poetic stipend “no strings”
- $1000 commission to create a suite of poems inspired by an existing Red Room project
- A two-week residency at Bundanon Trust (26 June 2019 - 9 July 2019)
- Travel assistance
- Paid professional employment (delivering 3 poetic workshops)
- Opportunity to present a public address during the year-long Fellowship
It is expected that the Fellow will complete all activities within 12 months of announcement of the Fellowship, unless otherwise agreed. Applications are open exclusively to poets previously commissioned by Red Room Poetry. There is no cost to apply.
How to apply for the Fellowship
Complete the online application form, attach your CV, three recent poems, high-res headshot and bio and a cover letter (1000 words max) addressing the criteria. Applications re-open December 2019.
- Applications open Wednesday, 12 December 2018
- Applications close 5.00pm Monday, 4 March 2019
- Expert Arts Panel review applications
- Winning Fellow announced Wednesday 3 April 2019
- 2020 Fellowship applications re-open December 2019
Find out more
- See Fellowship 2019
- See Fellowship 2018
- See Fellowship 2017
- email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
While this Fellowship is currently only open to previously commissioned Red Room Poets, we're always looking for new voices for upcoming poetic projects. If you're interested in a Red Room Poetry commission, email email@example.com with a copy of your CV, a suite of your best poems, as well as the kind of projects in which you are interested.