Past Poetry Object Learning Resources
The Red Room Company relies on the generous support of individuals, corporations, government funding bodies and philanthropic foundations.
Visit our online store to purchase publications and materials from this project. The Red Room Company is a not-for-profit organisation. All funds raised support the ongoing work of The Red Room Company.
Explore our collection of Red Room Poetry Object resources. The resources below will introduce your students to the world of Poetry Object and aid in NAPLAN preparation. Mix and match activities below to suit your classroom needs!
- Red Room Poetry Object Learning Resource 2016
- Red Room Poetry Object Learning Resource 2015
- Red Room Poetry Object Learning Resource 2014
- Red Room Poetry Object Learning Resource 2013
- Red Room Poetry Object Learning Resource 2012
- Red Room Poetry Object Learning Resource 2011
- A PowerPoint-style presentation teachers can use to introduce Red Room Poetry Object to their students.
- A 20 Line Talismanic Object Poem Template.
- Worksheets on overcoming clichés and using specific imagery in students' writing.
- Writing prompts for the Talismanic Object Poem that use key literary terms from the NSW School Certificate English-literacy test.
- Worksheets about pre-writing exercises such as the diamante poem and a Q&A poem.
- Worksheets about Lineation or Linebreak in poetry using Red Room poet Eileen Chong’s poem “Mid-Autumn Mooncakes” as a pre-writing exercise
- How to use PowerPoint software to draft student poetry.
- Worksheet and models for a warm-up Group Poem Activity inspired by an object.
- Examples of School Installations.
- An Anthology of Object Poems (including those from The Red Room Company archive).
- Sample NAPLAN style questions and strategies using a poetry stimulus for the Year 7 Literacy Reading section.
- Sample NAPLAN style questions and strategies using a poetry stimulus for the Year 9 Literacy Reading section.