Professional Development for teachers with Red Room Poetry
Our Professional Development program provides in-depth workshops that enhance teaching methodologies to better engage students with poetry, creative writing, critical thinking, and imaginative investigation while enriching curriculum outcomes.
Our aim is to make poetry a meaningful and useful part of every class. Immersive workshops are lead by practicing poets and leading arts educators who guide teachers through innovative writing processes to support the development of their own creative, critical and poetic writing and teaching skills strategies in the classroom.
Designed with and for teachers, we provide accessible learning resources to support activities in and beyond the workshop. Our NESA-accredited sessions align with our projects Poetry Object, The Disappearing, New Shoots and Poetry in First Languages.
For a bespoke Professional Development session for your team, contact email@example.com.
Past Sessions (2019)
- 10 May: ACTATE conference (Poetry in First Languages & Poems to Share II)
- 11 May: TATE conference (Poems to Share II and Poetic Learning)
- 31 May: ETANSW conference (Poems to Share II)
- 12 June: NSW Secondary Principals' Council conference (Poems to Share II)
- 11 July: ALEA national conference (Poetic Learning)
- 23 Aug: Art Lab at Art Gallery NSW (Poetry Object)
NESA Scope of Endorsement
Career Stage – Proficient Teacher
Standard descriptor – 2.1.2
- Red Room Poetry Object – inspire, create, publish! will contribute to 1 hour of NESA Accredited PD at proficient addressing Standard Descriptor 2.5.2 (also available as a digital / videoconference PD)
- The Disappearing – mapping memory and place will contribute to 1 hour of NESA Accredited PD at proficient addressing Standard Descriptor 3.4.2 (also available as a digital / videoconference PD)
- New Shoots: Garden of poems – Connect, Create, Publish! will contribute to 1 hour of NESA Accredited PD at proficient addressing Standard Descriptor 2.1.2, 2.4.2, 2.5.2, 3.3.2 (also available as a digital / videoconference PD)
- Poetry in First Languages – Connecting to Country, Culture and Language! will contribute to 1 hour of NESA Accredited PD at proficient addressing Standard Descriptor 1.4.2, 2.4.2, 2.5.2 (also available as a digital / videoconference PD)
The period of endorsement for Red Room Poetry is for five years from 2 September 2015 to 1 September 2020.
For other educational organisations, we provide a certificate of participation, which can be used for self-arranged professional development with the Australian Standards of Teaching.
Red Room Poetry's workshops in your school help bring poetry to life. For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 02 9319 5090.
Explore our Learning Resources
Discover our bespoke collection of free Learning Resources for the classroom and beyond.