Vital Signs Poetry Competition
The Poetry Bridge Competition is a partnership between the Queensland Poetry Festival, Red Room Poetry and the Brisbane City Council.
The aim of the project is to inspire and intrigue Brisbane locals and visitors by offering a commission of highly visible poetry via a projection on the William Jolly Bridge. The open competition model means that any Australian has the chance to have their poetry read by an audience of thousands. The winning poet receives a paid commission for the poem which is published in a highly visible place and alongside established poets on the Red Room Poetry website.
The competition shares the Queensland Poetry Festival theme for 2018 "Vital Signs". Sessions at the 2018 festival explore health and healing in the context of poetry and story telling. We believe that sharing our stories and inner worlds is vital to our physical, mental and societal health.
The competition is now closed.
1. The poem must respond to the theme “Vital Signs”.
2. All entries must be received by 5:00PM Wednesday 16 May 2018.
3. Poems must be previously unpublished and not submitted for other competitions.
4. Poems must be a maximum of 140 characters in length (including spaces)
5. The winning poet will be contacted by 8 June. They will receive $300 for the poem commission.
6. Multiple entries not permitted. One entry per poet.
7. Poems must be original works written by an individual author and not infringe on anyone’s copyright.
8. Copyright in all poem(s) remains with the poet.