Writing Water submission guidelines
At a time of great environmental change, what does our relationship with water look like? From vital organs, oceans and pipelines, to flood, drought and drowning, look below the surface to submit a poem to our Writing Water: Rain, River, Reef chapbook.
You must be a Writing Water workshop participant to submit to Writing Water.
Red Room Poetry program materials are copyright. Apart from any fair dealing for the purpose of private study, research, criticism or review as permitted under the Copyright Act 1968, no part may be reproduced by any process without permission. Enquiries should be made to Red Room Poetry.
Phone: (+61 2) 9319 5090
Terms and Conditions
- Entries must be the writer’s original, unpublished work and must be in some way inspired by water
- Please place one poem in a Word document, omitting any identifying details in the document itself.
- Submissions should be submitted via the Cognito form.
- Entries are judged anonymously. Judging decisions are final and due to the volume of submissions, individual feedback cannot be provided.
- Contributors who are selected will receive an AU$60 publication fee for their poem, with the opportunity to donate their fee back to support Red Room Poetry's work.
- Poems submitted must not infringe upon anyone’s copyright.
- Poems that are deemed to be works of plagiarism will be disqualified.
- Copyright of the poem remains with the poet.
- All submissions will be read by our team and guest editor.
- By submitting, you give Red Room Poetry permission to quote excerpts of your poem in our external communications.
Return to Writing Water: Rain, River, Reef