Scott-Patrick Mitchell’s poetry has been described by Bold Monkey’s George Anderson ‘as one of the most diverse and original emerging poets working in Western Australia today’ while John Kinsella has described his work as being ‘new ahead of the new’. SPM recently performed his new one man show THE 24 HOUR PERFORMANCE POEM at Crack Theatre Festival while his latest collection – inner pity poems – was released through Department of Poetry in 2016.
He has been featured in two Fremantle Poets books, New Poets (2010) and Performance Poets (2013) (Fremantle Press). He appears in The Turnrow Anthology of Contemporary Australian Poetry (2014), Contemporary Australian Poetry (2016) and The Fremantle Press Anthology of Contemporary West Australian Poetry (2017). SPM is the Social Media Coordinator for WA Poets INC / Perth Poetry Fetival.
In 2014 Scott-Patrick Mitchell judged the Red Room Poetry Object.
- Balcatta Senior High School, WA, 2013
- Churchlands Primary
- Churchlands Senior High School
- Fellowship 2018 - Shortlist
- Northern Beaches Christian School, 2018
- Oatley West Public School, 2018
- Poems to Share II
- School of Isolated and Distance Education (SIDE) WA
- St Mary's Anglican Girls' School, WA, 2013
- The Disappearing
- The Poetry Object 2014