Scott-Patrick Mitchell (SPM) is a non-binary West Australian poet, writer and spoken word artist. SPM’s work has been described by George Anderson at Bold Monkey as being “one of the most diverse and original poets working in Western Australia today” while John Kinsella has described their work as being “new ahead of the new”.
SPM’s work appears in Contemporary Australian Poetry, The Fremantle Press Anthology of Western Australian Poetry, Solid Air, Stories of Perth and Going Postal. In 2019, SPM won Coal Creek’s Literary Award for Poetry, The Creative Connections Poetry Prize, Melbourne Poets Union’s Martin Downey Urban Realist Poetry Award and The Wollongong Short Story Prize.
A mentor to many emerging West Australian poets and recipient of a 2019 KSP Writers Centre First Draft Fellowship, SPM is the coordinator for WA Poets Inc’s Emerging Poets Program. They are also an event producer for WAPI’s annual Perth Poetry Festival.
- Applecross Senior High School 2019
- Balcatta Senior High School, WA, 2013
- Churchlands Primary
- Churchlands Senior High School
- Fellowship 2018 - Shortlist
- Fellowship 2020 – Shortlist
- New Shoots WA
- Northern Beaches Christian School, 2018
- Oatley West Public School, 2018
- Poems to Share II
- School of Isolated and Distance Education 2019
- School of Isolated and Distance Education (SIDE) WA
- St Mary's Anglican Girls' School, WA, 2013
- The Disappearing
- The Poetry Object 2014