This vital force, carried in skin
and within, a genesis of sacred stories
yarns like blood through our veins
~ Nicole Smede from 'Bunada language', Writing Water
Poetic Moments elevates the visibility and accessibility of contemporary Australian poetry via cultural placemaking with publication of poems in unexpected spaces from mangrove boardwalks to parks, zoos, hoardings, and on trains and ferries.
Embracing multiple languages, inventive platforms and artforms, Poetic Moments creates opportunities for all audiences to engage, respond and reflect via poetic provocations and partnerships that connect people and place through poetry.
Our collaboration with Red Room Poetry has allowed us to move beyond a purely European ‘didactic panel’ approach to site interpretation, and to enhance a wonderful piece of infrastructure – the new Badu Mangroves Boardwalk – through a poetic re-visioning of this extraordinary space.
~ Tony Nesbitt, Manager, Arts and Culture, Sydney Olympic Park
- Writing Water: Rain River Reef poems on ferries and in chapbooks
- Shadow catchers exhibition at AGNSW: six poets respond to the photographic collection
- Poetry on The Block: urban poetry on city hoardings
- Guwayu – For All Times: First Nations poems on trains and in poetry collection
- Etched installation of student poetry at Barangaroo
- Dharawal student poems on Illawarra signage, Mt Pleasant
- Gadigal poems in Floregium exhibition, Royal Botanic Garden, Sydney
7.1 million audiences
- Muru Nanga Mai – poem etched on Badu Mangrove Boardwalk, Sydney Olympic Park
- Cookaroo Flow: Gadigal poems from workshops embedded in Royal Botanic Garden, Sydney
- Punchlines: Poets Play Duchamp: poems featured in performances, art labels and crosswords, Art Gallery of NSW
- Poetry in First Languages: Gundungurra student poems on Southern Highlands buses
- Kaalak Minditj Kaalak, Home Sick Home: exhibition with Lola McKickett’s poems, Art Gallery WA
- MUSE @ Taronga Zoo: outdoor exhibition with poems by Joel Davison and Ali Cobby Eckermann
- New Shoots WA Poetic Trail, Kings Park & Botanic Garden and Perth Festival
- Extinction Elegies: poems on trains with a public call-out with donations for endangered species
- Red Room Poetry KeepCups
- New Shoots: the Blue Mountains Botanic Garden
- New Shoots: A Garden of Poems, Royal Botanic Gardens, Melbourne
- New Shoots: Royal Botanic Garden, Sydney
- Secret Garden Mural, Green Square, Sydney
2018 and earlier
Do you have an inspired idea? Contact us to get involved.
Partners and Supporters
Red Room Poetry wishes to thank the generous support of individuals, corporations, government funding bodies and philanthropic foundations.